Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Proposal: If War Fixes Economies...

I listen to talk radio quite a bit.  Even if I disagree with a vast majority of the views presented, I find it very entertaining.  On almost a daily basis, I hear our current economic recession talked about in direct comparison to the Great Depression of the early 20th century.  When radio hosts and economic "experts" talk about the current crisis, a commonly held opinion is that the government is lying to us about our recovery.  The end is not in sight, and none of us knows when the end will come.  We don't know when things will really start to turn around.  I agree that the end is not in sight and believe that the economic and monetary policies of the last 80 years have crippled us.  I also believe the policies of the last 3 years have exponentially worsened and compounded the situation.

But here's what I really find interesting.

It's clear that our current situation is quite similar to the Great Depression.  But many "experts" seem to believe that it was WWII that got us out of that tough situation 80 years ago. So according to the logic of the experts, it was a worldwide war that saved us and turned around our economy, not the returning war veterans that industriously labored to revive the manufacturing (non-war) and service sectors that were starving through the great majority of the duration of the war. 



I heard a well stated point on a Lew Rockwell podcast about a year ago. 

If the entire world is in an economic crisis,

and,

If war on a global scale turns economies around,

then this should be our plan:

All of the nations of the world who are struggling economically should manufacture massive war boats loaded with fighter jets, tanks, artillery, and supplies for soldiers. 

All of these war boats should meet in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. 

All living personnel should abandon ship, and when everyone is at a safe distance, all of the war supplies should be detonated and sunk to the bottom of the ocean. 

Economic crisis solved... and no one had to die!

No comments:

Post a Comment