It is rare that I find a book so captivating that it keeps me awake instead of putting me to sleep. It took me a little under 4 days to finish Donald Miller’s A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. I was addicted. I had to squeeze in as many pages as I could at every opportunity I had between work, eating, socializing, bathing, and sleeping.
Perhaps its the emotional-masochist in me, but I love a book that drives me to ask the question, “What in the world am I doing with my life!?” In this book, Donald Miller captivates and charms you as well as he does in his best-seller Blue Like Jazz, but this time, his book has bite!

Prompted by two movie producers who want to turn his life into a movie, Donald explores and learns about the elements that make up a great story. He then looks at his life, compares the two, and reflects on the disparities. Those disparities push him into a number of amazing stories that make you want to get off the couch and live life like it was something new again… after finishing the book, of course. ;)
I was explaining the book to my wife, Katie, and realized that this book will not have bite for everyone… some people, like my wife, are living fulfulling, great stories, full of adventure and plot twists. For those of you who are like me, I heartily recommend this book. I sincerely look at life much differently after reading it.
Perhaps its the emotional-masochist in me, but I love a book that drives me to ask the question, “What in the world am I doing with my life!?” In this book, Donald Miller captivates and charms you as well as he does in his best-seller Blue Like Jazz, but this time, his book has bite!
Prompted by two movie producers who want to turn his life into a movie, Donald explores and learns about the elements that make up a great story. He then looks at his life, compares the two, and reflects on the disparities. Those disparities push him into a number of amazing stories that make you want to get off the couch and live life like it was something new again… after finishing the book, of course. ;)
I was explaining the book to my wife, Katie, and realized that this book will not have bite for everyone… some people, like my wife, are living fulfulling, great stories, full of adventure and plot twists. For those of you who are like me, I heartily recommend this book. I sincerely look at life much differently after reading it.
No comments:
Post a Comment